SOUTHMORELAND FOOD SERVICE NOW USES THE SCHOOLCAFE POINT OF SALE COMPUTERIZED LUNCH SYSTEM AND ONLINE PAYMENT SYSTEM.
(You will need your child's ID number to complete this process)Schoolcafe provides parents the ability to view their child(ren)’s account balance online from the privacy of their own homes and to place online payments in their child(ren)'s lunch account. By having money in each child’s account prior to entering the cafeteria, we find the lunch lines move along much faster so the child has more time to eat and be with friends. With this service, parents also do not have to worry about sending cash or checks to school with their children. Parents will have the ability to print out a copy of their child’s eating history report. This history report will show you all dates and times that your child has purchased a breakfast and/or lunch.
- It is not required that you make payments online to view your child’s transaction history.
- Some parents may already have a schoolcafe account if they have completed a free/reduced meal application.
- If you have more than one child in the district, you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover transaction handling fees. Our district does not operate Schoolcafe and does not receive any of the fees collected from online payments.
- Southmoreland School District does not utilize Schoolcafe for any other school-related payments (i.e., yearbook, tickets, etc). It is utilized only for school meal payments.
- If you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to the Southmoreland Cafeteria Fund. Please write your child's full name on the check. Checks can be deposited into only one child's account. If you wish to transfer money into another account, please notify the Food Service Office.
If you have any questions about these services, please feel free to contact the Food Service Department at 724-887-2015.
Last Modified on July 12, 2022